The Ultimate Solution for Pilot Sun Protection & Comfort
Picture this: It’s the early morning or late afternoon, and relentless sun rays are beaming through your windshield during level flight. That’s when Cruising Shades come to your rescue, shielding you from UV damage, heat, and solar radiation without compromising your visibility.
Cruising Shades provide the same heat, glare, and UV-blocking properties as our Gen 2 Jet Shades and are designed to be used with your windshield Jet Shades. If you’re heading east to west in the afternoon or just seeking a more comfortable flight, these shades have your back.
Simply place the top of the Cruising Shade behind your windshield Jet Shade and rest the bottom on the dashboard to cruise in comfort.
Made with a thinner, more bendable, and durable optical quality material that is half the thickness and weight of original Jet Shades, Generation 2 Professional Series Cruising Shades will:
- quickly mount/dismount onto the aircraft dashboard during flight making install and removal during flight a breeze
- help pilots protect themselves by blocking 99.9% cancer-causing UV radiation
- take the heat — up to 200 degrees! They can be placed on the windshield when parked, eliminating the need for foil guards!
A Cockpit Must-Have for Hot, Sunny Flights
Generation 2 Professional Series Cruising Shades are thoughtfully designed with pilot comfort in mind. While other sun shade products focus mainly on blocking visible light, Jet Shades are built so you can enjoy complete sun protection without blocking your view, including:
- 99.9% protection from harmful UVA/UVB radiation
- up to 94% infrared heat blocked
- as much as 80% glare reduction
This triple protection from the sun is a game-changer for:
- individuals with fair skin and eyes
- anyone prone to sunburn or has a history of skin cancer
- families flying with children and pets
- passengers who use electronic devices
- anyone who feels uncomfortable in elevated thermal temperatures
Using Cruising Shades
In order to use Cruising Shades, you must have Jet Shades Windshield shades for your aircraft.
Cruising Shades are intended for the enroute segment of IFR flights when the aircraft is level and the autopilot is engaged or for use while the aircraft is on the ground while parked.
Quick Installation & Removal
Mounting and dismounting these shades onto your aircraft dashboard is a breeze, making them hassle-free to use during your flight.
- Slide the top behind your windshield Jet Shade and let the bottom rest on the dashboard.
- Position and reposition as needed to block the sun.
- When it’s time to descend, stow them away in the included storage bag.
Jet Shades™ Generation 2 Professional Series Cruising Shades
- (2) Premium Cruising Shades
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Add Monogramming or a Company Logo to Your Cruising Shades!
While a set of Jet Shades gives your aircraft an amazing ramp presence on its own, you can now add a unique, personal touch to your set of Jet Shades with custom monogramming, logo, or logo + monogram engraving. Please allow 1-3 additional days for the setup and production of your custom order.
Popular ways to personalize your Jet Shades include:
- your name
- call sign
- tail number
- company logo
Monogramming allows for a maximum of 18 characters including spaces (10 characters when accompanying a logo) and can be customized for the pilot and copilot. All monograms will be etched in the script font shown in the accompanying image.
Logo engraving will be centered at the bottom of the shade. You will be prompted to upload your logo before adding this product to your cart. File upload requirements: logos can be up to 5MB in size and uploaded in .PNG, .JPEG, .BMP, .TIFF, and GIF format. High resolution (300 dpi) is preferred. Logos will be etched on both pilot and copilot side shades.
Monogram and Logo FAQ
- Is it possible to get a custom monogram with more characters, a two-line monogram, or other special options?
Special requests like this are not available online, but may be available by phone.