Cool, Comfortable Cockpits Under the Canopy!
While Van’s RV aircraft provide spectacular, unrestricted views through the canopy, solar energy and heat beaming through the canopy can sap the enjoyment out of flying — not to mention the glare and nonstop UV exposure that is soaking all on board! With our Patent-Pending Design, Jet Shades for Van’s Aircraft canopies solves the problem of hot, sunny trips with a uniquely designed product that will have you on cloud nine!
Made with a highly-engineered material that bends and flexes to fit your entire canopy, weighs less than three pounds, and is precut for a quick & easy installation, Jet Shades for Van’s RV-8 will:
- significantly reduce and equalize temperature making flying an enjoyable and comfortable experience
- deliver complete sun protection overhead while preserving unhindered visibility through the side canopy
- cut the sun glare so pilots have excellent visual clarity both inside and out
- block solar energy and radiation while flying and on the ground (tested to 200 degrees!)
Already have a fabric pull shade? Not to worry! Jet Shades will still attach with our mounting kit above the fabric shade and provide protection all the way down the sides as well. Check out our video of Jet Shades in an RV with a fabric pull shade.
When you add Jet Shades to your Van’s RV aircraft, you’ll enjoy the same UV, heat & glare-blocking performance as our professional Jet Shades for jets, turboprops, and certified aircraft do. Plus, you’ll love the amazing ramp presence with our mirrored tinted windows finish.
A Cockpit Must-Have for Hot, Sunny Flights
Jet Shades for Van’s RV canopies are thoughtfully designed with pilot and passenger comfort in mind. While other sun shade products focus mainly on blocking visible light, Jet Shades are built so you can enjoy complete sun protection without blocking your view, including:
- 99.9% protection from harmful UVA/UVB radiation
- up to 94% infrared heat blocked, 58-76% actual heat BTU blockage
- as much as 80% glare reduction
This triple protection from the sun is a game-changer for:
- individuals with fair skin and eyes
- anyone prone to sunburn or has a history of skin cancer
- families flying with children and pets
- passengers who use electronic devices
- anyone who feels uncomfortable in elevated thermal temperatures
60-Minute Install, Countless Hours of Comfort
Outfitting your Van’s RV 8 with Jet Shades is quick and easy. You’ll receive precut shades that require little to no customization in order to achieve the perfect fit! Since the Jet Shades material flexes and bends effortlessly, fitting is a breeze.
Each kit contains everything you need to fit and mount your Jet Shades in your RV aircraft. All you need is about 60 minutes and a pair of heavy-duty scissors. It’s as easy as 1-2-3:
- Fit and install the Jet Shades. Fit the smaller rear shade first, followed by the middle shade, then the large front shade. (See included manual for details.)
- Install the support clips to your RV aircraft support bars.
- Make any customizations to allow for antennas, GPS, etc., and you’re done!
Like our Jet Shades professional series products, Jet Shades for Van’s RV 8 aircraft do not attach to your aircraft windows with suction cups or adhesives. So you never have to worry about costly damage due to adhesive films or suction cups that restrict canopy expansion and contraction due to heat and cold! What’s more, the kit includes pilot left and right side High Visibility Jet Shades are easily installed and removed during flight by sliding them between the canopy Jet Shade!
Have a busy schedule? Our dealers can install a set of Jet Shades for your RV while you have lunch!
Van’s RV8 Jet Shades™ Total Aircraft Kit
- (1) High-Visibility Back Canopy Shade
- (1) High-Visibility Middle Canopy Shade
- (1) High-Visibility Pilot Canopy Shade
- (1) High-Visibility Left Side Shade
- (1) High-Visibility Right Side Shade
- Installation Kit
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Add the Premium Upgrade
While Jet Shades are designed to provide the best visibility out of the side windows for pilots, the windshield and cabin windows can be upgraded to our Premium Jet Shades specially formulated with a deeper cool blue color that further reduces the amount of heat, light, and brightness that enters the aircraft.
When you select the Premium Upgrade for Total Aircraft Kit, the following Jet Shades will be upgraded:
- (1) Premium Back Canopy Shade
- (1) Premium Middle Canopy Shade
- (1) Premium Pilot Canopy Shade
Monogramming or Your Company Logo Now Available for Jet Shades!
While a set of Jet Shades gives your aircraft an amazing ramp presence on its own, you can now add a unique, personal touch to your set of Jet Shades with custom monogramming, logo, or logo + monogram engraving. Please allow 1-3 additional days for the setup and production of your custom order.
Popular ways to personalize your set of Jet Shades include:
- your name
- call sign
- tail number
- company logo
Monogramming allows for a maximum of 18 characters including spaces (10 characters when accompanying a logo) and can be customized for the right and left side shades. All monograms will be etched in the script font shown in the accompanying image.
Logo engraving will be centered at the bottom of the Jet Shade. You will be prompted to upload your logo before adding this product to your cart. File upload requirements: logos can be up to 5MB in size and uploaded in .PNG, .JPEG, .BMP, .TIFF, and GIF format. High resolution (300 dpi) is preferred. Logos will be etched on both pilot and copilot side shades.
Monogram and Logo FAQ
- Is it possible to get a custom monogram with more characters, a two-line monogram, or other special options?
Special requests like this are not available online, but may be available by phone.