An Innovative Solution to Hot, Sunny, Cessna 182 Cockpits
Unlike foil aircraft sun shades, Jet Shades are removable tinted window panels and visors designed to block harmful UV and sun glare in your aircraft cockpit both DURING FLIGHT & WHILE PARKED!
Inspired by an engineer and private pilot who was always hot in the cockpit and wrestled with sun glare on him and the instrument panel in the hot Florida sun, Jet Shades solve the problem of hot, sunny cockpits that are uncomfortable for both pilot and passengers.
- Blocks 99.9% harmful UV (See JAMA article on harmful effects of UV radiation for pilots)
- Provides instant relief from solar energy
- Reduces glare by 70% for better contrast and visibility on instrument panels, smartphones and tablet devices.
- Minimizes eye strain and pilot fatigue caused by prolonged sun exposure
- Maintains pilot & passenger comfort during high sun glare flights
- Effortless removal with patented friction-tab design
- Protects aircraft interior from cracking and discoloration while parked
- Enhances ramp appeal by giving your aircraft a “tinted windows” look
- Eliminates the need for removing and storing foil sun shades before and after flights
See Jet Shades in Action
Easy Installation & Removal
- Easily owner-installed in minutes without the need for an STC
- Slide into place & enjoy heat-blocking tinted windows while you fly
- Does not interfere with pre-installed visors
- Remains completely secure during turbulence or when cockpit doors are open
- Effortlessly removed with a gentle tug on the patented friction-tab
Feel and Look Cool!
Cool off your Cessna 182 and enhance your ramp appeal. Jet Shades dress up your aircraft and enhance ramp appeal by giving your plane the “tinted windows” look.
Jet Shades Product Specifications
- Made with optical quality polycarbonate for clearest visibility
- Blocks 72% visible light/ 99.9% UV/ 79% infrared light/ 44% solar energy
- Provides 70% glare reduction
- Lightweight, high impact strength, virtually unbreakable
- Highly engineered product stops glare while allowing enough light in for easy navigation
- Patent-pending design
- Made in the USA
Jet Shades Cessna 182 Purchase Options
- Front Windshield. (2 Pieces) Jet Shades Front Windshield inserts into the top portion of your 182 front windshield as a two piece interlocking set. Through a unique two piece locking design Jet Shades for the front windshield fits behind your center mounted compass of the front windshield.
- Rear Window. (1 Piece) Jet Shades rear windshield covers the entire rear windshield of your 182 windshield to prevent harmful sunlight heat, UV, and glare entering into your aircraft. This prevents sunlight from heating the cargo area and as well as the entire aircraft. Testing shows that Jet Shades in rear windshield lower temperatures by 15 Degrees Fahrenheit in the cargo area!
- Cockpit Doors & Passenger Windows (4 Pieces) While the high wing provides some protection from the sun on the cockpit door window, there are times when sunlight penetrates the door windows allowing heat and glare to enter the cockpit making it difficult to read instruments. Jet Shades cockpit doors (2) insert into the cockpit door windows securely to fill the entire cockpit door window and provide protection from harmful sunlight heat, UV, and glare entering into your aircraft. Jet Shades in your passenger windows (2) help lower the temperature of the aircraft by keeping heat from entering the aircraft through the passenger windows.
- Cessna 182 Complete Set (7 Pieces) SAVE $200 – Includes the 2-piece interlocking front windshield, 1-piece rear window, 4-piece cockpit doors and passenger windows.
No-Hassle Return Policy
Jet Shades come with a no-hassle 30-day return policy. If they don’t fit your plane or if you’re not happy with them, simply return them for a refund.